Role and Responsibilities
- Provides support to Management during the pre-tender process starting from evaluating/ assessing tenders, assessing risk factors to arrive at bid decisions, and estimating all the required material, equipment, and manpower needs to be able to arrive at reliable cost estimates for bidding projects.
- Studies, analyses and evaluates tender documents from a technical point of view in order to identify risk factors, ensuring that technical terms comply with the relevant standards and coordinates with the General Manager and Executive Director for the overall risk assessment and bid decision.
- Manage the team of engineers/ QS to conduct enquiries, consult and coordinate with client & consultant representatives for specification/ technical and BQ clarifications required for tenders and proposals and attends pre-tender meetings (if necessary).
- Presents during monthly management meetings to discuss/ assess tenders and presents aspects related to tenders (risk factors, bid decisions, all issues and concerns related to tenders).
- Soliciting and follow-up with the design/ drafting section during tender preparation for method optimizing in order to reach cost efficiency.
- Reviews and finalizes project cost estimates as prepared by the Project Engineer (Estimation) in terms of the required material as per bill of quantities (BQ), amount of work, material/ equipment/ and manpower requirements during the tendering phase; this includes all systems, products and services to client specifications/ requirements.
- Prepares resource plans and provides such plans to the Project Team upon project award.
- To negotiates with approved vendors / suppliers and subcontractors for various supplies / material as per project (pre tender).
- Finalizes estimation of all direct and indirect costs and consolidates tender documents for management review and approval.
- Provides all the necessary project clarifications/ information upon project award to the Project Manager as per the project budget; advises the Project Manager on contractual rights, remedies which has been taken into consideration during tendering.
- Advises Project Engineer (estimation) on project activities as per BQ as needed. Prepare preliminary schedule.
- Generates preliminary cash flow chart when required as well as weekly tender status reports highlighting progress on concerned tenders.
- Prepares monthly status reports as related to tender wins/ losses to the Management.
- Prepares and generates monthly progress reports highlighting tender wins/ losses (indicating reasons) for review and verification of management.
- Keep liaison with Project Manager/ Management for the on-site actual execution of projects and lessons learned to be able to prepare future competitive tenders.
- Manage and monitor the performance of direct report and provide guidance as and when required
- Candidate must possess at least a Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in similar industries.
- Able to work independently and a multitasker/ able to cope in a fast-paced environment.
- Good knowledge in estimation works related to water and waste management industry will be an added advantage.
28 Kian Teck Drive